Knitting Wits

Friday, May 04, 2007

Cable Knit shawl pattern

I have finally determined how much yarn one would need for my cable knit shawl pattern. The pattern is updated and submitted to the LoomClass. Mark something off the to-do-list!

As I was knitting the shawl, however, I got bored with the stitch. I hauled out my copy of Anne Bipes' Loom Knitting Stitches, Vol. 1 and turned the shawl into a stitch sampler! I have made it through Vol. 1 and am halfway through Vol. 2. Vol. 3 includes cable stitches, but is much more interesting than what I used.

Once this sampler shawl is done, it'll probably be about 14 miles long. That'll be long enough.

I have also tackled some mending. I figured when the kids' clothes need mending, if I wait long enough, they will outgrow the item and therefore, not need the clothes mended. BUT when my clothes need mending, well, I gotta get a move on it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Ol' Liz said...

Has your Cable Knit Shawl class been scheduled? I don't want to miss it!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Cheerleader Voted Out said...

Not yet. I'm thinking it'll be two weeks in June. Denise is holder of the calendar.

Thanks for checking my blog.

11:05 AM  
Blogger Brenda, Domedweller said...

Beautiful!! I can't wait to try this one. I'll be watching for your class.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home