Knitting Wits

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Placemat issues


Here's my placemat. Yes, yes, I know, the loom is to large, but it's what I have. The stitch is airier. I like it, though. And since the Girl has already pegged it as hers, I'll make it longer to make it a runner of some sort.

So, now, my question to Graciela is why is my right side long? The left side, where the switching of yarn happens, has the potential to be too tight with pulling up the new working yarn. Once I got that, the left side is fine.

But the right side? Could it be I am not wrapping the end tight end, keeping enough tension on that side? Long loom kniotting is new to me, so any ideas are appreciated.


And this is the fabric I have earmarked for sewing. I was hoping the picture would capture the monumental stack in a what seems to me to be reality, but it doesn't. *sigh*

OK, so now I have to exercise self-discipline and "get off my duff," as the Girl puts it.

Aw, maaaaaannnnn.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

you will probably find that end is looser too. You need to switch which side you start knitting on occasionally. Every two rows works start on the left for two rows then start on the right for two rows and it should stay even.
Hopw that helps!
Denise
knitchat.com

4:27 PM  
Blogger Cheerleader Voted Out said...

oooOOOOooo, G suggested I use two strands as one. OK, so alternating which side of the loom I put the working yard on. Yeah, that'll work too. Thanks, Denise!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home