Knitting Wits

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Baby Bonnet

Here's the baby bonnet. I used Bernat Popcorn. It's a deep pink with sparklies and bumps (that's the popcorn part) through it. The model was gracious enough to have a small enough head and sit still. I couldn't help about the collogen lips an over the top make-up. Heh. (Girl wouldn't sit long enough for me to have everything I needed to take the picture on hand at the same time.
I like Pam's technique of throwing in a purl row to make the forming of the brim easier. I didn't get what she was trying to
accomplish until the foldover row. And then the section in which she switched from a one over two to one over one to get the lace through row. Wow! That is the sort of thinking I want to have on hand.

I am still futzing with my cable knit shawl pattern. It's written up for the yellow KK loom, but with the purl rows, it is not as wide as I want it to be. So I frogged it and have started it again on the KK blue oval loom as a flat panel.

I also have ideas for a hat and a barrel bag, but I guess I need to do more research about the flat woven bottom. I know there are a lot of purse patterns out there. I saw a girl at the library carrying a little bag that could be made from three flat panels and an I-cord.

Maybe a dissertation on how to look at projects with looming in mind would be worthwhile.

4 Comments:

Blogger Looming Looney said...

hi susy, nice bonnet,love the color.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job!! A+ on class project!!
Pam

10:22 AM  
Blogger Little Ol' Liz said...

The Bratz doll has never looked better! :-)
I look forward to seeing some of the projects you've outlined. I suspect that since you Blog & Knit you have found a secret stash of unused time that "other" people failed to use up. How about sharing with the rest of us!
Happy Knitting!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Cheerleader Voted Out said...

Found a stash of time?! LOL
It would have to compete with my fabric, yarn and craft stash. Not to mention the increasing logos and dolls the kids are amassing!

Thank you all for your nice comments.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home