Knitting Wits

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New pics



OK here we go for an upload extravaganza!

Sparky was cleaning up his room and found the other sock! These look so good, I think I'll try my own set.


Here's Sparky's blanket that I redid a while back. This one uses a double strand of Lion Brand Homespun in four colors in a one over one e-wrap. Actually 5, since I ran out of one of the colors, didn't have much more to do and snuck in a wee bit of the gothic purple. I'm so honest, though, I owned up to Sparky and he said that's ok. *whew*

I also took the time to measure the panels so that they are pretty much the same size.

Here's the Girl in half her poncho. I found the Paton's Cici yarn on sale at Michael's and grabbed some. The neon colors are great for her. Especially the pink. I am using the purple KK loom as a single rake. (The double rake stuff is escaping me. I'll have to ask in my groups what's what.) BUT! I am using a single strand mock crochet stitch. The CiCi has little tufts throughout the yarn, so that can be a challenge. But if I do it right, the tufts force me to keep my knitting really loose. Therfore, the mock crochet-ness is a little more visible.

I've just started the other flat panel. Another chance for me to measure so I can assure the panels are the same length. I haven't decided jsut how I'll sew them together. It'll depend on how big I need to make the hole for her head.

These are the front and back views of my wool shawl. I have
finally been able to make the cable stitch work. Paying attention and keeping the stitches loose are the keys. I have one edge row that is knit instead of purled. I just noticed it last night. It's about 10 rows down. Am I gonna frog it? NO! I'll claim it is the Turkish Flaw in this piece.



I am using Paton's all wool in a nice demin blue. Double strand. Knit and purl stitches. I bought 4 skeins at the time. But being me, the "Buy it in Bulk" girl, I also bought 4 skeins in white and another 4 in light blue. I think Sparky has tagged the white yarn for himself .

Gee with the pile of fabric I have waiting to be cut out and the socks for me, probably slippers, too, and a poncho for the girl and a shawl for Sparky, I have no real excuse to play Cubis any time soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susy...

I love this cable pattern you are using. Did you write out a pattern? Sure would make a great class for our loom knitter's classroom ... hint hint hint!!
Pam

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home