Knitting Wits

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Woo-hoo! New camera works great! Here's some pics of the latest projects:


Socks using a K2, P2 ribbing in Knitpicks Essential in Peacock Multi. I cast on more for the leg and decreased every 10 rows. It is fanning out more than I would like. My next pair, I only added 8 sts for the leg. We'll see if that makes a difference. They are fuzzing up a little fter a wash, but then I was warned about that.





Next are the felted bowls . I used Paton's Merino Wool in Harvest with 2 strands as one. I needle knitted the third one using the One Skein pattern. It felted nicely. But of course, I want to see what the Knifty Knitter can do. I used the yellow, red and blue. The fourth one was from the red loom, I think. It has a great spiral coloring to it. Next time I make these I will only knit up about 5 inches worth of bowl. I like the squattier ones better. It took two cycles in the wash to get the textures I wanted. Oh, I'll also use Lion Brand wool for the next set. Different colors, brighter.
Next are the alpaca felted mittens using the Vogue Gloves and Mittens book. The camera makes them look way more purply than they really are. I used alpaca from a company that is closing down. *sigh* Three strands as one. They knitted up very close to size. The felted seemed to only break the fleece down, not shrink the mittens too much. I cast on a little too tight. And no, they are not the same size. I bungled the second one somehow. Or maybe the first one. I forget. Anyway, the first one I tried to get all fancy and Kitchener the hand and oof! So the second one I knitted to spec. But now the second one looks a wee bit nipply on the hand and thumb. Oh, and I used the felted measurements but the basic mittens instructions so the mittens would be interchangeable.

Ah yes, our last entry is the Jayne Cobb hat. I sed Red Heart acrylic. My Brown Coat Friend felt that Mrs. Cobb would have used cheap yarn. And since it was what I had on hand, then so be it.
Anyway, the pattern is from yarndemon. I used two strands as one and discovered it was thivker than the bulky yarn specifed in the pattern. But I used the measurements as listed. I like the depth of the hat but the ear flaps are too long for my happiness. She tosses in some short rows in the ear flap to help with the flip out. That was cool. She also has the forehead in stockinette. I don't know if I'll go with that next time. But the pattern was well and clearly written.
And no one else in the family will wear it. I'll ask my Brown Coat Friend.....



1 Comments:

Blogger Ironjack said...

Hi, I stumbled on your blog looking to use my knifty knitters to make a jayne hat. Can you direct me to links on 1) how to use my knifty knitters i've made two scarves via knitting needles and never figured out my knifty knitters (they need some instructions in that bag) 2) how you made your "Cunning hat"

I appreciate any help you can give me.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home