Knitting Wits

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Pup-sicle sweater


Here's the dog sweater. Sorry for the poor lighting. The pattern was great! I got it on the first try! And the second....

I used Red Heart Saver in royal and silver (more of a dark grey) because my FIL has a kick dog (this spoken by someone who has only owned dogs over 50 pounds, so we are the kick owners....). My FIL's favorite football team to sweat at is the Dallas Cowboys.

I made the first one in about 3 hours. My DH showed me this toy dog my DD has and says the real dog is about that size. My first sweater was the directed 9 inches long. The real dog is 9 inches long. The sweater was too big!

So I frogged it and remade it, recycling the yarn for the most part. The section that needed other yarn, I used fresh from the skein. The other unrecycled yarn, I'll use in other projects calling for waste yarn.

As far behind as I am in the projects, I have made three Christmas gifts, thanks to this class (2 framed shawls and the dog sweater). I'm now working on the Knit Kitty as a stocking stuffer for my DD.

Thanks again, Loom Class!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the pattern worked for you. It looks great!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Cheerleader Voted Out said...

Thank you.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home