Knitting Wits

Monday, November 13, 2006

Now what?

So with three capes left to sew, I have picked up my knitting again. I finished Sparky's blanket.

I had made one using Lion Brand Homspun (I *really* like that yarn), using a single strand one over one stitch. It came out fine, then the squids got a hold of it and it stretched too much for my happiness. So I recycled the yarn and made a new one. Double strands this time and better measuring for evenness. The bulk is cozier and it looks like it won't stretch near as much. But then I have underestimated my squids before....

I got a wild hair to make reading shawls. Those ones with the ends turned up to make pockets. I thought I could make some for my two sisters, my exSIL and maybe some simple scarves for my nieces. But of course, I have to make one for meself first. Gotta work out the kinks before I do real work.

Well, I want to try cable stitches on my yellow KK, but for now, it is not working out. I have asked Graciela from LoomClass to clarify what I need to do to get it right.

I bought this great wool yarn in shades of blue and cream (Paton, brand, I think). At first I was going to make a felting project, but I like this yarn so much, I want a shawl out of it. So I'll wait for my answer and then we'll go from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home